Friday, June 13, 2008

Meet Alphabeat



Ladies and gentlemen, this is Alphabeat. I've probably used the word "poptastic" before, but I don't believe I've ever listened to a band that deserved that made-up adjective as much as this one does. They're like Katrina and the Waves, if every song Katrina and the Waves ever released was as fun as "Walking on Sunshine."

Popjustice.com asserts that “Alphabeat are quite certainly one of the greatest bands on planet earth.” I'm not sure if these guys have their own children's show, but I almost feel like they should. Or maybe even their own TV channel, spewing forth bright-colored smiliness 24 hours a day. "Fascination" is the song that should be playing full blast if you ever find yourself dancing down the street with a crowd of cheerful neighbors, jugglers, cartoon mascots, majorettes, and stilt-walkers behind you, and "What Is Happening?" might be even better. Play loud!

Fascination - Alphabeat

What Is Happening? - Alphabeat

No comments: