Tuesday, April 25, 2006

25 Albums

Got this album cover grid-maker link from Kristine L. Isn't it a purty sight?

"To be fair, I didn't include albums that I don't own physically. So that means no downloads," Kristine wrote. So I followed her example. I own, or owned all these albums once upon a time, even if it was just in prehistoric cassette format.

Also, I limited myself 1. to a 5x5 grid, otherwise I might eat up the rest of this page; and 2. to only one album per artist (my first version of this thing had 5+ XTC albums). So here they are: some of my favorite albums over the years.

Create your own Music List @ HotFreeLayouts

Stone Roses purists may note that I used the "Best Of" cover instead of the first album cover. That's because their first album cover is ugly. ;p I also used "Best Of's" for Prefab Sprout, New Order and Queen. What the hell. That's how I discovered those bands as a kid: through Best-Ofs. Rock snobbery be damned!

4 comments:

indie said...

you have great album selections there mate! especially teenage fanclub's bandwagonesque and the stone roses...

cheers!!! Ü

indie said...

you have great album selections there mate! especially teenage fanclub's bandwagonesque and the stone roses...

cheers!!! Ü

indie said...

you have great album selections there mate! especially teenage fanclub's bandwagonesque and the stone roses...

cheers!!! Ü

Luis K. said...

The comment so nice it got posted thrice! Thanks indie :) (Not to be confused with Indira, who also occasionally reads this blog) -- I like the selections on your page too! Yay for Pulp, The Cardigans, Bjork, Monaco, Lightning Seeds, Dubstar, etcetera!