Sunday, May 22, 2005

"Tell the stars I'm coming; make them leave a space for me"



By day and night, fancy electronic dishes
are trained on the heavens.
They are listening for smudged echoes
of the moment of creation.
They are listening for the ghost of a chance.
They may help us make sense of who we are
and where we came from;
and, as a compassionate side effect,
teach us that nothing is ever lost.

-- from I Trawl the Megahertz, by Paddy McAloon

Two years ago, I listed I Trawl the Megahertz as one of my Top 5 Best Albums of the Year, for PULP magazine. Listening to it now, I still get that that thrill of something only half understood, yet fully felt.

And yeah, Paddy McAloon is the guy from Prefab Sprout.

1 comment:

David said...

It's stunning. By so far too good to be merely a cult classic.