Monday, January 24, 2005

Buy Yourself Something Pretty

Dear Readers of this Blog:

If anyone were to ask us if the glamorous work of writing for and editing music magazines paid well, I would only answer with a bitter laugh. Fortunately, one of the nice benefits of the job is the loads of CDs that come our way. No, we don't get anything like pension plans, car plans, maternity leave or anything useful at all, but we do get CDs. We're easy that way.

What do we do with the CDs that we get? Well, mostly we keep them long after we're tired of them. As Thor once said, "Ang mga CD, parang mga anak. Hindi sila pinamimigay kahit hindi pinakikinggan." Words of wisdom, my friend, words of wisdom.

I used to be fanatical about my keeping my collection intact, but lately I've come to terms with the fact that this is no longer practical: the new CD shelf that moved into my room is full, again, and I've run out of space in my office drawer, where I used to stash my runoff CDs. It's gotten so that the newer CDs now have to live in the flat, but until I can afford one of those fantastic CD towers designed by Philippe Starck or somebody, the growing pile of plastic squares in and around my table will only distress the neatness-worshipping K2.

So I'm doing something I've never done before. I'm going to go through my stacks and weed out the albums which--let's face it--I'm never going to listen to again. Not that they're bad; it's just that they're just not re-playable, or that they're just not my thing, or that I'm not in the mood for that kind of music (and never will be). But, hey, that doesn't mean that they won't find a nice, loving home somewhere else.

I'd like to give them for free, but, heck, that Philippe Starck CD tower isn't going to buy itself, if you know what I mean. So I'll let these CDs go for P150 each, unless otherwise indicated. Prices negotiable if you're getting three or more CDs, or if you're somebody who has bought me a drink sometime in the past. Please contact me on my cellphone (you should know my number by now), or leave a post on the comments section of this blog entry if you want to buy anything.

(And, really, whose life won't be improved by the purchase of a William Hung CD?)

============

ADRENALIN JUNKIES: Electro Tribe
ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS: All American Rejects (brand new, P200)
AVRIL LAVIGNE: Under My Skin
AVRIL LAVIGNE: My World (two VCDs)
CALL & RESPONSE: Call & Response
CHARLTON HILL: Waterline
CHICOSCI: Icarus
CIUDAD: Hello, How Are You, Mico the Happy Bear?
CLUB 8: Nouvelle (rare, P200)
THE CURE: The Cure
D12: D12 World (brand new, P200)
DEVOTION: Devotion (OPM, P100)
EVERLAST: White Trash Beautiful (brand new, P200)
FILTER: The Amalgamut (brand new; P200)
HEFNER: The Fidelity Wars (rare, P200)
HOOTIE & THE BLOWFISH: Scattered, Smothered, and Covered
JANET JACKSON: Damita Jo
KATY ROSE: Because I Can
KJWAN: Kjwan
KYLIE MINOGUE: Body Language
GENERATED X-ED: Protest and Survive
INNER CIRCLE: The Best of Inner Circle (brand new, P200)
LILLIX: Falling Uphill
LIVE: Awake: The Best of Live
MARY J. BLIGE: No More Drama
MATILDA: Matilda
MATTHEW SWEET: Son of Altered Beast (P75)
MICHELLE BRANCH: The Spirit Room
NANACO: Luminus Love in 23
NICK WARREN: Global Underground 018: Amsterdam
ORANGE & LEMONS: Love in the Land of Rubber Shoes and Dirty Ice Cream
PATRICK BARNITT: When the Time is Right
RETROSPECT: Past Forward
RICKY MARTIN: Almas del Silencio
RYAN CABRERA: Take It All Away
SIMPLE PLAN: No Pads, No Helmets, Just Balls
SPAN: Mass Distraction (brand new, P200)
SUGABABES: Angels with Dirty Faces
TIMO MAAS: Music for the Maases 2
TYPECAST: The Infatuation is Always There
VELVET REVOLVER: Contraband
WILLIAM HUNG: Inspiration


COMPILATIONS:

Big: 18 Super Hits (2004 release, 18 tracks: Black Eyed Peas, Maroon 5, Usher, The Corrs, Beyonce, Jason Mraz, Britney Spears, Outkast, Justin Timberlake, Simple Plan, Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, Alanis Morissette, Evanescence, Dido, Tamia, Michael Buble, Westlife)

Celtic Emotions (2003 release)

The Family Value 2001 Tour (Stone Temple Pilots, Linkin Park, Staind, Static-X, Deadsy)

Modern Rock: (2001 release, brand new: Incubus, Five for Fighting, Binocular, Uncle Kracker, Vertical Horizon, Creed, Matchbox 20, Sugar Ray, Linkin Park, REM, Collective Soul, Travis, Filter, Wheatus, Nine Days, Fuel, Splender, Live on Release)

MTV Superstars (2004 release, 20 tracks: Beyoncé, Britney, Nu Virgos, Jessica Simpson, Tata Young, Hilary Duff, TATU, John Mayer, Hanson, Anastacia, Nickelback, Robbie Williams, Black Eyed Peas, Justin Timberlake, Kylie Minogue, Delta Goodrem, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Gareth Gates, Jennifer Lopez, William Hung)

Pop! Party Edition CD+VCD (2002 release, 18 tracks plus bonus VCD: Pink, NSYNC, Britney Spears, Alicia Keys, Backstreet Boys, Westlife, Dido, Aaron Carter, Steps, Christina Aguilera, B3, Alcazar, Kosheen, Groove Armada, Blue, O-Town, LFO, Five)

Rock Easy (2004 release, 17 tracks: Splender, Santana w/ Alex Band, Stereophonics, The Calling, Jars of Clay, The Verve Pipe, Fuel, Vertical Horizon, Eve 6, Everclear, Lit, Our Lady Peace, Trik Turner, 311, Marcy Playground, Semisonic)

Mulawin, Songs Inspired By (South Border, Jolina Magdangal, Lani Misalucha, Jennelyn Mercado, Dingdong Avanzado, Janno Gibbs, Tux, Sipol)

7 comments:

markmomukhamo said...

plis reserb wilyam hung end mulawin album with jolina. I am pans very much.

hi kf! :)

raini said...

is this for real? if it is, pwede pa-reserve na ng ciudad, kjwan and michelle branch? :D

Kristine F. said...

MARK! Hey, hey hey. Didn't know you were in town. (Halatang hindi ako nagbabasa ng blog mo.)

RAINI: Yes, this is for real. Because if it weren't, it wouldn't be funny. And then what would the point be? ;) Everything except the much in-demand Ciudad (should I have kept it?) is still available, so please email me at mrzebra@skyinet.net with your cellphone number to arrange pickup. Hope to hear from you soon!

markmomukhamo said...

hey kf! OMG no! er I was just kidding about Hung and Jolina. :) Am still in Florida.

Kristine F. said...

MARK: Of course I knew you were kidding! Although, really, that Mulawin CD is something else. (Just read your blog. Yup, you're still in sunny Florida. No wonder I haven't run into you lately.)

starshuffler said...

Dear TGB, please give up the Ciudad cd so KF can sell it to me. Thanks. Hehehe... ;-) -j.

Jesse Liwag said...

Hi, Kristine. I found your blog, via Mark. It was nice seeing you again--thanks to Kensai's comic book launches. Is this your only blog?