Sunday, January 20, 2008

So this is the New Year

So this is the New Year! Yes, I know; we're almost a month into 2008. But since I've pretty much spent the past four weeks holed up at home, sick and bedridden for the most part, I'm still getting used to the idea. Life is slowly starting up again for me, though; this week I was able to go out with my family a couple of times, meet Yvette a couple of times, and drop by the apartment in QC. Just heard Mass a while ago, as well. Aside from some lingering side effects and occasional tiredness, am doing okay. Will be fully up and about soon, going to gigs and bothering people and such, I hope.

Great big thanks to Yvette, Kidlat, Lissa, Erwin, Yonina, Fran, Jovan, Denise, Cassie, Percy, Noelle, and of course my family, not to mention everyone my illness-decayed brain has probably forgotten, for the company, concern, chismis, advice, messages, reading material, listening material, and etcetera.

Speaking of reading material, here's some good stuff. From The AV Club -- My Favorite Movie Year: 1986 (go Ferris Bueller!), and from Cracked, 9 Words That Don't Mean What You Think (you may be surprised at the actual meanings of "peruse" and "pristine" -- I know I was), and 8 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Geeks (Natalie Portman's an obvious one, but I didn't know Kate Beckinsale was so accomplished a writer. Nor was I aware of Vin Diesel's extreme D&D geekiness).

And now, dinner. Yay!

2 comments:

joelle said...

I was bedridden last week! For three days, almost four. But then, I was drinking Immunosin and you can't do that. Agh.

Anyway, if it comforts you, this month seems pretty long already. But you aren't missing much.

Miss you!

Luis K. said...

Miss you too Joelle! Glad we're both better now. :)